Since March 2018, Gain&Sustain takes part in the project „InCommon Toolbox – Cultural and Educational Interventions for the Exercise of the Active Citizenship of Migrant Women„. The project is funded by the Asylum, Integration, Migration Fund (AMIF) and the partnership consists of organizations of Austria, Cyprus, Greece and Spain. The project aims to enhance the social inclusion of migrant women through the cultural participation. InCommon is based on the fact that culture is a common good which is built with the participation of all members of a community. Participating in culture is to participate in the community, having a voice and being a part of it. In order to achieve it, the partnership has established three guidelines:
- Actions for the empowerment of women through individual development and training on Key Competences of European Reference Framework.
- Development of a methodology for social inclusion through culture (Cultural Citizenship Scale)
- Creation of local networks consisting of communities, volunteers and cultural entities.
InCommon Toolbox aims to implement an individual guidance pathway for 400 migrant women for the exercise of citizenship through participation in culture of the host community. The underlying concepts are case management, reinforcement of key competences and the systemic intervention at individual, professional and community level. The project will systematize this process in a toolbox that enables the transfer of the model at European level through a 4 stage process is planned:
- SHARE: Exchange of good practices and analysis of barriers that prevent women for the full participation.
- ENGAGE: Involvement of beneficiaries and creation of local stakeholder networks with made up by migrant women, volunteers and cultural entities.
- START UP: Elaboration of a curriculum and delivery of training on Digital competence, Learning to learn, Social and Civic competences, Cultural awareness and Leadership.
- INTERACT: Development of 20 interventions corresp
- onding to the levels of Cltural Citizenship Scale.
The InCommon Toolbox will be available as an open resource on the project platform. It will include support material as the different evidences of its implementation by the local networks.
Gain&Sustain offerse offer their expertise and support in order to ensure that the project is successfully implemented both in national and international level. Gain&Sustain took part in the Kick-off meeting in Santander, Spain and in Larissa, Greece.
More information about the project InCommon: www.documenta.es/web/incommon/